Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Gluten Free Everything Under the Sun Summer Salad

07/15/2014

The summer months I do not do much cooking .  It is just too hot to turn on the oven and make one of my master pieces
When it is hot out my husband is not hungry he is just happy with a sandwich,
I on the other hand am hungry so I am always trying to figure out what I am going to have
A few weeks back I was trying to make something that would be good tasting and really good for me
I began thinking up things and I came up with quite a winner of a everything under the sun salad
Here is my recipe
1 Package Quinoa Mediterranean this is at Giant on the top shelf in the rice Aisle
Make the Quinoa as directed on the package then place it in a large serving bowl
Slice up 5 stalks Celery
1 Bermuda sliced Onions or if you like better Red Onion
2 to 3 stalks Broccoli tops chopped up
1 can Chick Peas
1 can Eden Organic Cajun Rice & Beans this is also at Giant food stores in the organic gluten free Aisle
1 can WestBrae Natural Vegetarian Organic Salad also at the Giant Food store in the organic gluten free Aisle.
1 cup cooked Brown rice  
Mix everything together then season lightly with what ever spices you like.  I usually use a little garlic salt and pepper
I put about 1 cup to 1 and half cups of this salad over a plateful of Romaine lettuce
Then I drizzle 1 table spoon of Ken's Caesar dressing
I put about 2 tablespoons of shredded  Italian cheese over top of everything
This salad has helped my diabetes and my Celiac disease .  It gives me more energy and it helps out my blood sugars.  I love it .
When I first made this salad I thought I would have the salad for the whole week to have for dinner.  I was wrong.  My family began nibbling at it and in no time I have had to make this up 3 times in the last week
This is now my go to salad it  is really easy to make and it is good for all

Ellen Gaffney
thegcats@comcast.net




No comments:

Post a Comment