Search This Blog

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Tandem TSlim Insulin Pump

05/23/2015


When Asante Snap insulin pump closed their doors last week.  I was confused upset and wondering what was I going to do.
I only had supplies for the Snap insulin pump for about another week.  I called my doctor's office to explain what had happened.  They unfortunately never got back to me.  I received from my son's doctor who is a Type 1 Diabetic the rep's phone numbers for Animas and Medtronic.  I called them immediately gave them all the information.  I  also told them I  was pressed for time. They took my information and did not get back to me for about 4 days by that time I  had already received my new pump.    My sister said why don't you call Gary  from Integrated Diabetes.  She is also a Type 1 diabetic.  Gary is outstanding he has a website www.intregrateddiabetes.com and has classes for better control with diabetes being it for type 1 or type 2 Diabetes. His telephone number is 610 642 6055  .  I called him   I called him and he said if I  were you I would call the Tandem company .  They have an insulin pump called the Tslim and they have one called the Tflex insulin pumps both are fantastic.  He gave me their telephone number and the reps number.  This was on Monday morning I  called the rep and got her answering machine then I called Tandem.  I  spoke with Danica she was outstanding her number is 1877 801 6901 at extension 6893.  She took all my information told me their insurance verifyer was not in but would be in tomorrow Tuesday.  She let me know that she knew how important this was for me and let me know that they would take care of this right away.  Ryan called me the next day Tuesday went over my insurance again and doctor's information.  He had Angie the rep I left the message for go to my doctor's office and get all the paper work they needed on Wednesday.  By 5:00Pm on Wednesday he had it approved and sent out to me over night.  I was trained  on Friday and I  love the pump you can see it on the website  www.tandemdiabetes.com   The insulin pump is easy to read and easy to use.  It has a rechargeable battery so I do not have to have batteries on hand.  They say that it needs to be recharged about every 7 days and it only takes 10 minutes to charge.  The pump is set up like a Samrt phone you just push whatever screen you would like to get into.  I love this pump also because all your important information is right on the front screen Insulin on board  how much insulin you have left and if you have any remaining insulin from the last time you bolused
Just wanted to let you know my decision on my new insulin pump.

Thank You

Ellen Gaffney
thegcats@comcast.net

No comments:

Post a Comment