Search This Blog

Monday, November 30, 2015

FRENCH TOAST MUG











                                                   FRENCH TOAST MUG

I usually do not do recipes on my blog because there are a million or more recipes out there but this one I could not resist . I  figured I could easily do this recipe gluten free and even safe for diabetics.
I tried it and I not only liked it i loved it and it is so simple to make

2 pieces gluten free bread

1 egg

a quarter cup  of milk

1 Table spoon butter

1 teaspoon cinnamon more if you like cinnamon

1 table spoon sugar

Syrup or jam of your choice

Melt the 1 Tablespoon of butter in a mug that can go into a microwave for 30 seconds take out of the microwave.  Put the 1 Tablespoon of sugar or sugar substitute then the quarter cup of milk the egg and the cinnamon
Then crumble the two slices of bread into the mixture and stir .  Now they say microwave for 5 minutes for my microwave it is 3 minutes so for the first time it might be trial and error but this is so good.  Then just put your choice of syrup or jam on it and there you have a hot breakfast with protein that taste great and no fuss no mess.  Just sheer enjoyment. I was thinking about this and you could mix the wet ingredients in a mug with a lid to it bring two slices of the gluten free bread in a plastic bag .  bring your syrup or jam with you to work and you could just microwave it there when you get to work or for your break and there you have a great meal

Thank you

Ellen Gaffney
thegcats@comcast.net

No comments:

Post a Comment